- New Construction
- Horizontal Loop
- 3,265 sq, ft.
Equipment InstalledCompass XT
Installation DetailsThe ground loop field that powers the geothermal heat pump is made up of 3,200 ft. of ¾” pipe, 7 ft. below ground around the house. With 7.4 kW of annual production, this home has been able to heat, cool, and power appliances at no utility cost to the homeowner (outside of connection fees). Pacific Gas & Electric’s True-Up billing program utilizes net energy metering to allow the homeowners to reconcile monthly net energy charges and credits, with excess surpluses typically resetting the bill to zero. At its best in energy savings and production, the home contributed an additional 1,503 kWh’s back to the grid, and at its worst in usage, needed 2,608 kWh’s from the grid.
Average Yearly Credit of $567.40
Exported more energy during the utility's peak and part peak periods than during their slack time
All-electric net-zero home without any interior combustion, like you’d have with wood, propane, or oil.
- Geothermal Installer: Martin Energetics
- Utility Compay: Pacific Gas & Electric
- Designer: Bill Martin & Susan Christensen
- Builder: Bill Martin - General Contractor, Ken Heiman - Framer and Carpenter
- Electrician: Bill Martin
- Bill Battagin, Feather River Solar Energy
- Wilburn Construction: Earthwork including geothermal trenching
- Frank Emsoff, Integrity Air: Above ground geothermal